Monday, December 29, 2008

Welcome to the Neighborhood

10 years ago I lamented the fact that finding excellent micro-roasted coffee in NYC took a lot of work, especially in my Greenwich Village neighborhood. Now I'm surrounded by a great selection of quality roasters and brewers. The latest to open in the hood is Roasting Plant. Check out their site to view their impressive operation -- roasting, grinding and brewing right in front of you in thier store.

I ran into the owner, Mike Caswell, a few weeks back when I dropped by to purchase some green coffee. I think I may be the only home roaster in the neighborhood because my presence in front of the green beans quickly lead to a conversation with Mike about the best way to use my iRoast and some recommendations on what to roast. He steered me toward their fair trade Silewesi, for which I was truely appreciative. Makes a great cup especially on days when I'm craving a nice hot cup with chocolate notes. Thanks Mike!

Best of all, they have wi-fi and they are open 24x7. My wife and my daughter now know where to find me when I'm missing along with the laptop.

Keep up the good work Roasting Plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment